Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"SOFT SKILLS"


EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE + SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE = EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT

YOUR IQ WILL GET YOU HIRED, BUT YOUR EQ WILL GET YOU PROMOTED!


Global companies now realize the importance of "SOFT SKILLS" and are spending Billions of dollars to develop this valuable asset.

The higher your position the more you need a high Emotional Quotient.

Research strongly suggests that EQ plays a far greater role
than IQ when measuring a leaders' impact on her company's bottom line.

Emotional Intelligence is the ability to Master your emotions and be Self Aware. A.K.A. Self Management.

Social Intelligence is the ability to Inspire, Empathize, and to Interact skillfully with your colleagues and clients.

In the past "Soft Skills" were not taken as seriously as "Hard Skills"
Now after years of research we find "Soft Skills" offer powerful ways to enhance meaning to all of our business and personal relationships while improving your company's bottom line.

Employees with high technical skills can be difficult to find but finding employees with a high Emotional Quotient are rare.

In fact most firings are not because of a lack of technical skills but because employees lack "Soft Skills"

People like companies become complacent and stop "Investing in their Success"

Your ability to cultivate and build long lasting relationships will add value to you personally and professionally.

This will only happen if we make a sincere effort to understand ourselves and others.

We can strengthen these abilities through persistence, practice,
and feedback from colleagues, and coaches.




Ask yourself the following questions:

What is my reputation?
What impact do I have on others?
Am I self disciplined?

Can I laugh at myself?
Do I take the initiative?
Do I inspire people?

Do I listen to my colleagues?
Am I willing to change?
Do I know my staff? What do they need? What more could I do?

Am I a team player?
What would I like to improve personally?

How well do I collaborate with my team?
What is my "track record" for developing talent?

Am I a positive role model?
Do my actions match my words?

Do I dress for success?
How well do I connect with people?

Do I share my time equally with each member of my team?
Do I keep my team up to date?

Do I bring out the best in people?
Am I enthusiastic?



It's clear we have to be Diplomats, Counselors, Managers, Friends, and Teachers
all rolled up into one to be effective leaders.

It's also clear that in order to attain a high EQ you have to invest in the common good.
We all need to give more to our fellow man only then can we consider ourselves truly rich.

We all win personally and professionally when we invest in ourselves and in others.


INVEST IN YOUR SUCCESS !
















No comments:

Post a Comment