Friday, April 17, 2009

THE NERVE OF MISS SUSAN BOYLE

As I listen to Miss Susan Boyle's spine tingling interpretation of "I dreamed a Dream" from the musical Les Miserables for the twentieth time,

I realize that it isn't she that is transformed rather it is we that are being transformed.

Her raw talent wrapped in a middle aged disguise brings back feelings of innocence, naivety, and a heart without hurt.

We are all standing on our feet cheering for the person who was brave enough to endure the tough times while at the same time not forgetting what was important.

She was prepared for success and she knew it! She had us right where she wanted us.


In a matter of minutes she taught us a lesson about preconceived ideas and reminded us of who we are and who we should be.


Miss Boyle has become an "instant success" not because of her amazing voice but because she had the nerve and the determination to believe in her dream while others dismissively told her it was impossible.


She broke the "rules," she doesn't match the "formula" so...

Why did she try?

Why did she keep going?

Why was she successful?

How could this happen within seven minutes?

Which ingredients caused this historic viral chemical reaction? '60.000,000' and counting.

As Managers, Partners, Entrepreneurs, and CEO's what can we learn from Miss Susan Boyle? PLENTY!


In my opinion she never forgot what her passion was and she knew what was truly important to her. She also knew what she had!

Without a doubt she has a remarkable voice but it is her story which is getting all the press.

Finding your voice is vital to feeling fulfilled and evolving and that's something unique to all of us.


No matter who you are the pursuit of excellence is driven by a desire to create meaning and to do what is right for the common good.

There really isn't any difference for example between Miss Boyle and President Obama they have both found their positions or their voices if you like.

In both cases they have shown courage to be themselves and to trust their instincts.

Miss Boyle does not seem intimidated by what others think and or should you.

When we choose to follow the crowd we lose, it is only when we choose our own path that we start to feel energized and centered.

If you are going to make a mistake make sure it is your mistake.

The best we can do from following the crowd is realizing it isn't for us.


TRUST YOURSELF AND BE TRUE TO YOURSELF!



So the questions we must ask are.......



Have I found my voice?

What do I have to offer?

What is unique about my story?

What do I want?

Do I have the courage to lead?

Have I discovered myself?

Do I trust myself?

What is holding me back from going my own way?

What raw talent is uniquely mine?

How can I add meaning to what I do?



Knowing who you are and what you have to offer is a powerful force.
You owe it to yourself to invest in your success and pursue your best with Passion, Determination, and Conviction.


Defining and refining yourself adds meaning to all you do and you should never settle for anything less.


No Compromises! No Holding back!


If Miss Boyle has taught us anything it is to never give up your dream, be true to yourself, and be prepared for success because in the next seven minutes you could be discovered.


Thank you Miss Boyle for inspiring me. I would wish you good luck but I can see you have taken care of that.




INVEST IN YOUR SUCCESS!



No comments:

Post a Comment